Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Too Long Between Posts

Quite a bit has happened since I last posted. We had to say goodbye to Grandmère and PapaMark again, which is always a stinker. The night before we all got together and we were able to get PapaMark to sing for the grand kids. I remember when we were young, all of my sisters would gather together and sing folk songs (à la A Mighty Wind). PapaMark sang a couple old favorites like "Daddy's Taking Us To The Zoo" (which Rem has continued to sing even a few days ago). We loved having them here as long as we could and so glad that they were able to see Benton.
We were able to take Rem and Ben to the Dinosaur Museum a couple of weeks ago. She loved dressing up as a dinosaur and loved playing in their giant sandbox. She found a pet dinosaur and it looks like I had a great time too. (Ben slept through it)
I figured that I should post another pic of Ben as well. He has grown so much and will already be a month old this Friday. It is crazy how quickly the time passes.
One last note for the Blog. The Springville Salon just opened and I'm thrilled to announce that I was able to get two paintings accepted. It would have been absolutely perfect to get one of them in, so I was on cloud 9 to hear that not only were both accepted, but that I received 2nd place for the show! We have felt pretty grateful for this, mostly because there are so many other amazing artists that submitted work. I'll post the pics of the paintings, but they look even better in person (hint, hint)




















3 comments:

Zenica said...

Jeff congrats on your paintings that’s awesome.
My Dad still talks about when he had some of his work and the Springville museum and brags about some of the people still remember him and his work.
Zen

Benton is so cute

Annie said...

I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog!!! In all my blog stalking I've never come across it. Now it's official, I'm the only non blogger in Utah. Your pictures are so cute. Hank and I went to the Dinosaur museum last week and he loved it too. Hope all is well with your cute little family.

Rochelle said...

You dork. Get over to MY house for a visit. My girls would lovvvveeee to play with Rem. Summer is just around the corner and (I know this is hard to believe) but we are party central around here so we will for sure have you guys over for some BBQ action.

BTW
Kate is getting baptized tomorrow! We would love for you to come if you can. I know its short notice. I don't have your e-mail for some reason so I am posting all the info here....
Katelyn in going to be baptized on Saturday May 3rd.
The stake baptism starts at 4:00 p.m.

The stake house is located at:
97 West 7500 South
Midvale, Utah

After wards you are invited to join us for dinner
back at our ward house.
The address is 7825 S. Olympus St. (220 West) in Midvale.

Thanks and we hope to see you there.